June 16 through Sun 18 July 2021 ,
1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Beaux-Arts de Paris, Palais des Beaux-arts (Salle Melpomène)
Entrée sans réservation préalable. Billetterie solidaire
from Wednesday to Sunday
Supersonic Chair Exhibition
Within the framework of the chair "Supersonic: exhibiting, editing, inhabiting sound", students from the Beaux-Arts de Paris were able to collaborate with young composers from IRCAM to compose sound and visual works together and thus imagine a group show: Orbital Orchestra. This collaboration takes the form of a digital score activated by a central sound device, collectively imagined and programmed by IRCAM's computer music designers.
With students from Beaux-Arts de Paris: Inès Cherifi, Pierlouis Clavel, Héloïse Delcros, Sarah Konte, Meret Kraft, Thomas Lefèvre, Anaïs Legros, Marc Lohner et Aliha Thalienet les jeunes compositeurs et compositrices de l’Ircam : Sofia Avramidou, Oren Boneh, Didem Coskunseven et Maxime Mantovani.
Performance by Anaïs Legros, Oren Boneh, Maxime Mantovani on June 16 at 6 :30pm with Louise Le Pape, Hashim Mboreha, Bilel Ouannassi, Aminata Thiboult.
The Supersonic Chair is headed by Vincent Rioux (head of the digital pole), Angelica Mesiti, Julien Prévieux, and Julien Sirjacq (artists in charge of studios) for the Beaux-Arts de Paris, and Grégoire Lorieux and Sébastien Naves (computer music designers/professors) for IRCAM. They are accompanied by Céline Furet and Juliette Hage (curators in residence), Soraya Abdelhouaret, and Yucegul Cirak (students in the "Artists & Exhibition Professions" program).
Scenography: Félicie Baguette aka Michael, Salomé Bégou, Chloé Redelinger, students from the Ecole nationale supérieure d'architecture Paris-Malaquais.
Graphic Design: Chloé Poitevin
Wednesday, June 16, 6:30pm
10 minutes long
With the participation of Louise Le Pape, Hashim Mboreha, Bilel Ouannassi
Vestiges de la performance : vidéo, table en métal
Four performers carry out a series of actions until they are exhausted throughout the performance
The Athlete: exercises
The Gourmet: eats and drinks
The Dealer: rolls dice
The Reflection: smiles and talks to a camera and to a screen, interacts with a 3D model using facial-recognition software
Exploring efforts through actions pushed to their limits, this artistic proposal entails the capture and transformation of sounds produced by the performers in real-time and a live sound interpretation by two composers: Oren Boneh and Maxime Mantovani.
1. Inès Cherifi, Didem Coskunseven, Meret Kraft Day was departing
2. Meret Kraft, Maxime Mantovani tant au temps
video, sound, projection on kozo paper
3. Pierlouis Clavel Système 60
4. Aliha Thalien, Sarah Konté, Sofia Avramidou, Oren Boneh CAVES
5. Thomas Lefevre, Marc Lohner, Maxime Mantovani Élechtone
Sea clay, vibrators
6. Anaïs Legros, Oren Boneh, Maxime Mantovani DO0MS
vestiges de la performance : vidéo, table en métal
Performance on Wednesday, June 16, 6:30pm, with Louise Le Pape, Hashim Mboreha, Bilel Ouannassi
7. Invisible Héloïse Delcros Manifesta
The sound system includes 5 electroacoustic studies by Maxime Mantovani:
Étude 1 : Invitation au déplacement (librement inspirée de La Monte Young)
Étude 2 : Six solistes électroniques
Étude 3 : Continuum
Étude 4 : Spectre harmonique à distorsion variable
Étude 5 : D’après Norman McLaren
Un atelier contemporain / Chaire Supersonique #1
- Un atelier contemporain / Chaire Supersonique #1 Take a look behind the scenes at a new collaboration between IRCAM and Beaux-Arts de Paris "Supersonic Chair: exhibiting, mounting, and inhabiting sound".
L'esquisse / Chaire Supersonique #2
- L'esquisse / Chaire Supersonique #2 Take a look behind the scenes at a new collaboration between IRCAM and Beaux-Arts de Paris "Supersonic Chair: exhibiting, mounting, and inhabiting sound".
A Collective Creation / Supersonic Chair #3
- A Collective Creation / Supersonic Chair #3 Take a look behind the scenes at a new collaboration between IRCAM and Beaux-Arts de Paris "Supersonic Chair: exhibiting, mounting, and inhabiting sound".
Une exposition des performances / Chaire supersonique #4
- Une exposition des performances / Chaire supersonique #4
An IRCAM-Centre Pompidou, École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Paris coproduciton | Exposition presented in the framework of the Théâtre des Expositions des Beaux-Arts de Paris.